For the latest updates about COVID-19 case locations, health advice and restrictions, please see the NSW Health website.
To keep everyone safe and healthy, there are some simple steps we all need to take while visiting the Wollongong CBD. The Wollongong CBD currently falls into the NSW Government's 'Greater Sydney' area, which is subject to specific COVID restrictions.
- Stay at Home order: As of Monday 11 October 2021, there has been an easing of some restrictions for fully vaccinated residents of Wollongong LGA. Many retailers, cafes, bars and hair and beauty service providers have begun to reopen. Each business will have guidelines you must follow - please check the requirements of the business you intend to visit, before you arrive. Those who are not yet fully vaccinated may only leave their home for essential reasons. These reasons include purchasing food, goods and services to meet the needs of their household. For detailed information on what you can and can't do, visit NSW Health.
- Get vaccinated: Still need to get the jab? Get vaccinated quickly and safely at the Wollongong Vaccination Hub.
- Face masks are mandatory in indoor venues and on public transport. This includes shops and cafes. Stay up to date on NSW Mask guidelines, and Wollongong City Council requirements.
- Physical distancing rules continue to apply. Keep 1.5m space between yourself and others, and follow instructions in each business you visit.
- Get tested. If you experience even mild symptoms, please get tested. Find out more about symptoms and testing locations on the NSW Health website.
- Check in. Use the Service NSW app to check-in at each venue you visit. Learn more about your responsibilities and how to check in on the NSW Health website.
- Follow restrictions on gathering sizes that apply in homes and public outdoor spaces. Learn how many people can gather under current regulations.
- Stay up to date. Follow Wollongong City Council and NSW Health to ensure that you're on top of the latest health and location information.