The Illawarra Hotel
The Illawarra is firmly entrenched in Wollongong’s history. It first opened its doors in 1938, run by a trailblazing female team of Hilda Condon, her sisters and daughters. Today, the legacy of female leadership continues with The Illawarra winning the 2021 Illawarra Women in Business ‘Best Business’ award.
While the gorgeous heritage exterior remains, inside you’ll find a traditional Aussie pub with a modern twist. The low-key sports bar sits side-by-side with the chic courtyard cocktail bar which is lit up each week by live bands and DJs.
What's on offer:
- The Illawarra sure know how to fill a calendar. There's something on almost every night of the week, from Disco Bingo, to Trivia, to the iconic Silent Disco
- Don't miss the Golden Hour cocktails and live music every Friday night
- The pub grub is truly top notch - they've elevated the steak, Surf'n'turf and pie to a gold star level
- Don't miss the Highlands Pie - a truly world-class pie made from fresh ingredients sourced from Southern Highlands producers
- Grab a cold one and some big screen sports bar action (remember when they renamed the whole bar to The Volkanovski in honour of Alexander the Great!)