Oops, you are using an out of date browser. For the best experience on this site and added security, please update to a current browser.Update your browser
Wollongong CBD offers free Wi-Fi within the public domain. Free Wi-Fi is also provided by Wollongong Central shopping centre, and many cafes and restaurants. Check with the individual business you are visiting for details.
WiFi is available in the outdoor areas on:
There is a three hour time limit and/or a 250Mb download limit (whichever one comes first) per user per day.
Any Wi-Fi enabled device can be connected. These include mobile phones, tablets and laptops. Your device should have an inbuilt Wi-Fi adapter to enable it to connect to our access points.
• Make sure your wireless enabled device is turned on, and that its wireless signal/switch is activated.
• Choose ‘Wollongong City Wi-Fi’ from the available Wireless Network Connection list and select ‘Connect’.
• Open your internet browser. The Wollongong City Wi-Fi web page will appear after a short time.
• Read the Usage Policy and Terms. Press accept and continue if you agree.
• Please wait for the system to log-on.
Wollongong City Council has taken appropriate measures to restrict illegal or inappropriate content from being accessed on the Council network, wherever possible. At all times, it is the responsibility of the end user to act with caution when using the network. If you find that you are being blocked from legitimate websites by accident, please contact our support helpdesk to report the issue.
If you have questions or require help using the service, contact the Wollongong City Centre free Wi-Fi hotline on 1300 135 302