Wollongong Art Gallery
Wollongong Art Gallery (WAG) is a regional public art gallery presenting exhibitions of local, regional and national interest across four floors. Located in a renovated 1950’s Art Deco style civic building in the heart of Wollongong CBD WAG houses over 3,000 artworks in its collection and delivers a diverse range of public, education programs to enhance visitor experience. The WAG is free to visit the range of exhibitions, and there are many of the other activities on offer.
What's on offer:
- Entry to the gallery is FREE
- The diverse gallery program includes exhibitions and events that highlight the unique energy and creativity of the Illawarra region
- Explore the permanent collections spanning from Neolithic pots in the Mann-Tatlow Collection of Asian Art, to Colonial and Early Australian Art from 1831, Indigenous Art from 1950 and Contemporary Art from 1960
- The Gallery also offers artist workshops and talks
- Keep up to date with current and upcoming exhibitions, workshops and events via the website, or WAG Facebook page