Thrifting with a twist
We already know that shopping for vintage and second-hand clothes is a win win situation - it gives you the chance to find a one-of-a-kind look, it's good for the planet, and easier on your bank balance! Some even better news? These stores are putting their own twist on your vintage shopping experience, from private shopping to clothes swapping! Keep reading to find out more about some unique ways to freshen up your wardrobe (sustainably) this spring!
Second Saturday Swap
Are you looking for a sustainable and cost-effective way to shop? Spring clean your wardrobe and find new treasures at the Second Saturday Swap! The fantastic team at The Great Gong Clothes Swap are bringing their swap to an outdoor market style event this spring where you can come along and swap your quality clothes for other quality clothes, here's how it works.
- Buy your $20 ticket, they can be purchased online or on the day
- Bring up to 10 items you no longer want (must be good quality)
- Shop through the amazing range of clothes! You can take home up to 10 new-to-you items!
It's on the Second Saturday of the month (next one is 14 October) in the Lower Crown St Mall, Wollongong - see you there!
Book the Boutique at The Classy Closet
Looking for a fun shopping experience with your friends? Shop like a VIP and book out the boutique at The Classy Closet! The store will be exclusive to your group and one of you will even win a lucky door prize! Here are some of the finer details.
- It's free to book, and the organiser will receive a $50 voucher
- Each person that buys 3 or more full priced items will receive 1 for half price
- Lucky door prize, and your favourite music playing while you shop
- Feel like a VIP with a glass of bubbles on arrival
- Cheese and crackers, strawberries, and chocolates to enjoy!
To book or find out more, contact Cheddy on 0431 066 409. You can find The Classy Closet in Central Chambers, 81-83 Church Street, Wollongong.
Rent-a-Rack Markets at Van Q
Van Q has just launched their Rent-a-Rack Markets hosted in their beautifully curated store (where you can find fashion, jewellery and art). They run the markets once a month (the next one is Thursday 14 September), and it's a great night whether you're a seller or a shopper (or both)! Here's what you need to know.
- One Thursday a month from 5-9pm
- Rent a rack for $25 (if you're a seller)
- Shop a great range of vintage clothes
It's the perfect way to trade, socialise, and declutter with cool tunes and cool people.
Message Van Q on Instagram to find out more. Van Q can be found at 220 Keira Street, near Music Farmers.