Make the most of the UCI Road World Championships!
The long-awaited UCI Road World Championships are finally here! Locals will have the best seat in the house as we welcome the world to Wollongong. If you're at work during race week, don't worry - there's still plenty of fun to be found after 5pm. You can even skip the traffic home by checking out the city for an hour or two. Don't miss this chance to get out and make memories, and experience the thrill of seeing our streets filled with the buzz of Wollongong 2022.
Seven fun things to check out after 5pm:
- Spin Fest CBD + Laneways: Sip a sunset cocktail, explore inflatable sculptures + photography exhibitions, browse market stalls or enjoy roving circus performers and live music. Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun nights. Crown St Mall + Globe Lane + Crown Lane. Learn More.
- Lighthouse Projections: The iconic Wollongong Lighthouse will light up nightly with contemporary Aboriginal artworks. 17-25 Sept, 6:30-10:30pm, Wollongong Harbour. Learn More.
- Art Gallery After Dark: Explore a new exhibition of First Nations works, Hiromi Tango’s Healing Garden + contemporary art exhibitions, open late. 10am-7pm, 16-25 Sept. Wollongong Art Gallery. Learn More.
- Big Bike Film Night: Action, drama, humour and inspiration, with a contemporary cycling cinema festival. *Tickets required. 19-22 Sept, Gala Warrawong + Wollongong Art Gallery. Learn More.
- Symphonie de la Bicyclette: An hilarious one-man show exploring cycling, obsession, and inner grit. *Tickets required. 21+24 Sept, Merrigong Theatre. Learn More.
- Wollongong 2022 Fan Zones: Visit the Wollongong 2022 finish line Fan Zone, open until 6pm daily with a bar, official merch stalls and more. Learn More
- Or soak up the atmosphere in one of our world-class dining and entertainment venues. Find a restaurant or bar